Incontinence Treatment

One of the most worrying aspects for male incontinence is that most men are unaware of the treatments that are available to them. Because male incontinence can be such an embarrassing problem, most men do not seek any help and therefore do not understand that it is in fact treatable. In the United States alone, approximately 5 million men suffer from this disability and out of that number only 10% seek treatment.

The treatment available include medication, surgical and self-treatment. Medication has a very small success rate. If you have received medication for your incontinence problem then you may be familiar with the drugs Detrol, Tafranil,Emselex, and Duloxetine. Many of these drugs have widespread side effects and rarely work because they are designed to suppress incontinence, not cure it. Some of these drugs even weaken the nerve signal so there are no contractions in the bladder; others slow down the rate at which urine is produced, and others interfere with your prostate – which is definitely NOT a good idea.

Surgical incontinence treatments are much better. Doctors will quickly recommend this treatment, and research suggests that the results support this decision. Actually, surgery can actually do things for you and help with incontinence.

The most significant treatment by far has been shown to be self-treatment. Self-treatment involves working from the inside out unlike conventional medicine which works from the outside only. Statistics from self-treatment have shown improvement in 87% of cases, with relapse in the other 13% occurring because of the lack of adherence to the program.

Another huge benefit is that through self-treatment you do not have to tell anybody about your problem, and you can cure yourself whenever you want. There are zero side effects to self treatment and you can try it in the comfort of your own home. Whichever method you choose however, I would just urge you to try something. Don’t continue to live your life with this problem. Seek out help and you will earn that male incontinence is very treatable indeed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *